Choosing a locksmith can be a bit daunting, as you want to select someone who has the experience and versatility to handle most of your lock related jobs, but also someone who is prompt, honest and charges a fair price for his or her services.
One method of evaluating the appropriate locksmith is to find out the different services he or she offers, as the combined knowledge of each specialty will provide a more thorough and professional job.
- Re-Key Locks in Atlanta – Rekeying locks is a simple process of removing the door knob cylinder, which holds the different length pins, changing the pins to fit the new key cuts and replacing the cylinder and door knob. This process allows a person to change the ‘key’, used to lock and unlock door, without the expense of buying a new door knob. Rekeying kits can be purchased for the DIY’s, but typically a locksmith would be preferred.
- Atlanta Home Lock-out – Being locked out of your home or apartment is not only frustrating and inconvenient, it can potentially have serious consequences, such as not being able to turn off your stove. Having a knowledgeable, prompt and reliable locksmith can save your day and possibly your house and belongings.
- Changing locks – Changing locks can be a time consuming job because it looks easier than it actually is, and it is crucial to ‘get it right’. Also, depending on the age of the house there may be some woodworking needs to do the job correctly. The importance of having a professional locksmith cannot be overstated for this task.
- Lock Out of Car – If you are anything like me you never lock yourself out of your car unless you’re in a hurry or have some where important to go. Of course you can always purchase those magnetic key holders to secretly attach somewhere you hope it won’t be found by others, but with increased use of plastics on automobiles and trucks it might be difficult to find conveniently exposed metal.Did you realize you can lock a motorcycle? Ambu-lock of Atlanta offers lock service or key replacement for all types of motorcycles
- Fire Escape Maintenance – Fire escape maintenance is a specialty in itself and requires the services of a professional to assure the safety and functionality of the escape route is up to standards of the industry and of the fire codes in particular. This task isn’t for an amateur, as serious infractions can lead to fines and possible incarceration when lives are at risk.
- Emergency Door Maintenance – Emergency Door Maintenance is another task that should also be left to a professional due to the importance that the name implies. As we all know an emergency does not conjure up thoughts of casualness or calm. The emergency door in most buildings is strategically placed so people within that building can exit quickly in case the main entrance is not safe to use or unable to open. Emergency doors can also be used by thieves who will attempt to escape with stolen goods, so the alarm system associated with that door has to also be in good working order and up to code.
- Duplicate Keys – Duplicate keys are almost a must, with several people using the same lock, but how often have you gone to your local hardware store to obtain a duplicate key to find when you arrive home that it doesn’t work? Have it duplicated correctly and save yourself some time and aggravation.
We have reviewed seven reasons to call your Atlanta Locksmith to help you get started, but there are many more reasons and complexities associated with locksmithing that we have not addressed, so why not check out our services or call (404) 220-9227 and let their professional staff take the worry out of your lock related jobs.